Saturday, July 18, 2009

Introduction

This being the first post of a tandem blog, I will introduce myself. I'm Jan, and I am a lover of antique quilts, and a maker of antique quilt reproductions. We are both blogging novices, and Vicki is tutoring me on posting. Bear with me as I find my way. These are pieces from my design wall:





This is a leftover from a Beaver Island Retreat with Gwen Martson. The theme that year was "Applique". My project was a four-block Eagle quilt that was started in a previous retreat. This was the center cutout from that piece. It is on my design wall to try to decide how to quilt it. Stop back in the future to see the Eagle top. It still needs a sawtooth border, so don't hold your breath!










Here are a couple more recent projects. The first is based on a quilt I saw years ago at Quilts Plus in Indianapolis. The name is Jewel Box, and this is just my sample blocks. It finishes to 4 inches.












This is my Double 4 Patch, in progress. This will probably be a crib size quilt. I am always saying that I just want to make crib and doll quilts, but somehow they mostly end up large.

2 comments:

eden tyler said...

yay! what a fun way to keep up on what you're doing =)
i love the applique one -- i'm excited to see what you end up making it into...

antique quilter said...

welcome to blogland!
OH I am so happy to see your work,just my style
Lucky you going to Gwen Marston retreats
a dream of mine.
Kathie