Sunday, January 30, 2011

Woo Hoo!

Another bed quilt in the 'finished' pile!  At left is a close-up of the back.  The quilting was done by Anne Spiotta of Blue House Quilting, Wheaton, IL.  I couldn't be happier with the results - I love the heavy quilting in the quilt top alternate block.  I don't have a nice place to hang quilts for picture taking, so hubby stepped in.  Pictures are a little fuzzy (sorry), but the hired help wasn't interested in 'Take 2'.  The picture on the left is the top - picture on the right is the back.  You're probably tired of seeing this one, but it's finally finished!

           A couple close-up shots of the top -


Jan and I had a great retreat weekend - my personal accomplishments:
binding attached to two bed quilts
six pinwheel blocks
four log cabin blocks
small start on Lori's Midnight Stars

17 comments:

Jacky and Steph said...

Beautiful colours!

Jenny said...

i am so into modern fabrics, and then i see this amazing quilt and wonder why i dont use more civil war prints. i LOVE that orange/yellow color of your quilt. so beautiful!

Kim said...

Nice!! This one is going in the file. Our newly formed small group just designated the churn dash block as our year long project. Inspiration abounds!

Kat said...

a very intense harmonious choice of colors.
I love the brass-yellow in this combination !! :)
and the quilting...

Impera Magna said...

What a beautiful quilt... and the quilting in the "solid" blocks is fantastic... GREAT job!

Lori said...

Wow! Its beautiful and I love the quilting too. The yellow is fantastic and it looks vintage!!

Sharon said...

Love your color choices!

Maureen said...

Well, it's new to me and I just love it! - the fabrics, setting and quilting! Do you have plans for it?

Barb said...

Never tire of it...just love it!

Nancy said...

Wonderful quilt, and I love pieced backing. The quilting is complimentary and beautifully done. Congrats on another big finish.

Karen said...

I like the chrome yellow fabric that you used.

Vivian said...

I always appreciate close-up photos so I can see the quilting, and when it's a wonderful, colorful quilt like this, all the better! The chrome yellow alternate blocks & border provide a great contrast.
You accomplished a lot on your retreat weekend.

regan said...

I love that your front and back are in two different size and color ways of the same pattern.....genius! It's fabulous in every way!

Lisa said...

Love the colors, and what a clever idea for the back!

Cheryl said...

Great finish. Sounds like a productive retreat.

Barb said...

tired of seeing them, surly you jest :)
congrats on the beautiful finish!
Love,love that yellow!

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's really beautiful! I love the ochre and Many thanks to your "hired help"