Sunday, September 25, 2011

"You've Got Mail"

Snuggle quilts have been requested by my grands in Texas (one boy/one girl).  I've always loved the quilt from "You've Got Mail" - perfect for 'my girl' and a great opportunity to action one from the list.  I worked on it last weekend (selecting fabric, cutting, sewing).  By Sunday night, I had a good start.  I should complete the last of the pinwheel blocks this weekend.  I was hoping to start putting rows together, but that was too ambitious (when factoring in spring bulb planting). 

Here's the beginning laid out on the spare bed.  At the bottom, you can see the fabric I've selected for the setting triangles and corners.  The pinwheel blocks finish at 7" (approx 10" on point).  I'm planning 7 rows of 6 pinwheels.  The quilt should finish 70" x 60".  It might be a tad big for a snuggle quilt, but it can be folded at the end of a twin bed for double-duty.


Off to finish the last of the pinwheels (15 to go!) and plan the quilt for 'my guy'.  

22 comments:

Janet said...

I've always loved that quilt too!! I wish they'd put more great quilts in movies - lol. Your pinwheels look great so far - lots of good variety. I think it's a great size for a snuggle quilt.

Anonymous said...

ME too... love it

*karendianne. said...

What a great quilt. I love it. Your pinwheels are superb and of course your fabrics are delicious. Great quilt. Perfect. Thanks for sharing what you're working on.

Janet O. said...

Love the look of this. I haven't had this one on my bucket list. Maybe I need to add it!

Lisa said...

Love the pinwheels! What a fun quilt, and you have some great fabrics in there. :)

Randy D. said...

I love the pinwheels. Not complicated; very clean looking; but stunning! And not even small blocks! :-)

The Civil War Quilter said...

Love it! Pinwheels are always fun. Great fabric choices too.

Vivian said...

Great quilt. I try to get a better view of it every time the movie is on. Is the pattern published somewhere? This is definitely a snuggle quilt pattern.
Is there a site anywhere with a running list of quilts spotted in movies? If not, there should be. Somewhere I have a little list going, but my movie watching is pretty limited, so my list is pretty short.

regan said...

Your pinwheels look fantastic! Love the scrappy setting squares, too! Beautiful!

antique quilter said...

love the fabrics you chose to use in this quilt, great snuggle quilt! that one piece of fabric there for the setting triangle beautiful, perfect in there!
congrats a great sewing weekend for you too!
Kathie

Kyle said...

It's funny how many quilters have loved that quilt in that movie. Pinwheels are a wonderful choose for a snuggle quilt. Have fun sewing.

Lori said...

Woo-Hoo!! I love it and I'm sure the grand daughter will too!!

paulette said...

Gorgeous!! Love it!
P

Taryn said...

I love that quilt too!! I stop the movie so I can examine it closer. My family thinks I need to expand my horizons a little. Psshh, they don't know what really matters.

Nicky said...

Pinwheels are such fun quilts to make and to look at!

Julie in the Barn said...

Can't go wrong with pinwheels. The colors you chose are lovely.

Barb said...

Don't you love quilts "requests" I sure do!
Your pinwheel is great and sweet, she'll love it~ timeless too.
Oh, reminds me I have to order bulbs!

Karen said...

Such a good choice of fabrics for the pinwheels and the background!

Dawn said...

Not much better than a quilt request from a grand, how sweet.
Love your fbric variety in the quilt.
Looks like great fun.

Julia said...

Love pinwheels , your Gandies are going to love their quilts.
I'm going to see that movie again, just for the quilt..I don't remember it!
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy pinwheels and will look forward to seeing more of this one. I should mention...love the fabric choices!!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What pretty pinwheels - those are going to make gorgeous quilts! Perfect for snuggling! Love your blog!!